Cloud computing is Internet - ("cloud") based development and use of computer technology ("computing"). In concept, it is a paradigm shift whereby details are abstracted from the users who no longer need knowledge of, expertise in, or control over the technology infrastructure "in the cloud" that supports them. It typically involves the provision of dynamically scalable and often virtualized resources as a service over the Internet. The term cloud is used as a metaphor for the Internet, based on how the Internet is depicted in computer network diagrams and is an abstraction of the underlying infrastructure it conceals. Typical cloud computing services provide common business applications online that are accessed from a web browser, while the software and data are stored on the servers.
These services are broadly divided into three categories: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). The name cloud computing was inspired by the cloud symbol that is often used to represent the Internet in flow charts and diagrams." (source wikipedia)
Why be in the Cloud?
The whole point of having a wireless enterprise infrastructure is to increase mobility, reliability, security, reduce hardware and IT consulting costs, and ultimately your software licensing costs. Yet for many enterprises, they use wireless LANs (WLANs) that require an on-site server(s) which occupy space, require field maintenance and repair, and can be stolen.
dbbmckennon and their preferred IT networking vendor is now aiming to change the wireless management paradigm with a new cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering. Can you imagine reducing your hardware costs by about 50% alone? IT consulting costs too? dbbmckennon will join this vendor to ensure client transitions seamlessly with integrity and security.
Benefits of the Cloud!
- Improve company performance – Applications run real time and give your entire management team the ability to quickly view, understand and take action to respond to changing business conditions. Improves effectiveness and efficiencies in the organization.
- Allows remote access – at high speed from anywhere in the world.
- Dramatically reduce IT and operating costs – Reduce your costs of servers and desktop computers, and probably printers. You maintenance costs for computers and servers is substantially eliminated. You will not need an air conditioned, dedicated server room once on the cloud.
- Reliability – In today’s data centers are extremely reliable. These are the same data centers that fortune 100 companies utilize. No more rebooting your company server and server downtime, as well as costly IT field maintenance. A reliable internet connections can be found anywhere if your primary connection fails. Back ups are imagined real time, thus no tape, disk or on-line back is needed.
- Security – Secure networks on offices are generally much more vulnerable to damage and theft. Redundant systems and data encryption protect data from loss and intruders. The cloud greatly reduces documents sent via email, which are often not secure. Netbooks, not laptops, will be used by sales and field personnel; Netbooks have no confidential data stored on them if lost!
- Going Green – The cloud reduced paper, postage and handling costs. Since you documents and files are maintained electronically, storage space is greatly reduced.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like additional information.